Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 1.6 astra sport, the engine light came on and was

Customer Question

I have a 1.6 astra sport, the engine light came on and was diagnosed with multiple misfires due to low fuel. It had half a tank of petrol at the time. I have had a new coil pack and plugs an egr valve and ECU fitted and still have the same problem. is it loses power at times and Judders when driving at lower speeds! Any ideas as to cause as am now loathe to spend more money for nothing?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** had any plug in tests done since...? and what fault codes did you get if so?Too - what mileage does the car have - and what is its service history like?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had numerous tests done! Not sure what the code numbers were but all interperated as misfires. Multiple misfires and low fuel

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok - can you give its Full reg no..Plus as I asked , what is its service history like? When did it last have a service?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

KE04 ZSC has 93,000 on c!ock and full service history ie has been done at intervals of 1year or 10,000 miles.last serviced in April

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok - thank you ..Can you tell me if the fuel system has been tested - properly , for fuel pressure ... not with plug in / as in fault code reading ...but with an actual gauge...?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
If thats not been done - that would be your next step...but - ensure you renew the fuel filter if you havent already - first, before the test...
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
A faulty or iffy pump can cause this.. if the fuel pressure is hit and miss it will cause it for sure - and it wont come up on a fault code check neceserrily.Given all that you have said - Its looking like a faulty pump - or , restriction in the lines so again - new filter...check the lines are clean -and then pressure test it. and then go from there with the results of that -
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.-- Best Rgds, MIKE.