Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Roomster 1.9 tdi 57 plate. unable to unlock boot with remote,

Customer Question

roomster 1.9 tdi 57 plate. unable to unlock boot with remote, "door open " warning light remains on as does the boot light in rear of car BUT boot remains firmly locked, suggestions most welcome before I dismantle mechanism from inside the vehicle
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
It sounds as though you have developed either a wiring fault - to the lock mechanism ( which incorporates a micro switch for the light )... or, a fault / break of the actual mechanism... with a slight chance of the actuator cable being the fault.
Indeed - you may have to gain access into the tailgate to see whats gone wrong. But when you actually get the tailgate open - check the wiring first that goes through to the tailgate - in case of a break there -
But - before you start to dismantle - have you tried the emergency boot unlock method-
In case you are not sure or don't know about that - That is outlined for you on page 37/ 8 of the Owners manual.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.