Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My suzuki fob key is not working therefore the car is not

Hi my suzuki fob key is not working therefore the car is not starting... have changed fob key battery but stil no luck
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm Ross, thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a diagnostic and repair technician and I look forward to working with you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What more information do u need

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
This may seem an obvious question however before we go any further, do you have a spare key fob you can try?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry i have only one key with the car.

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
No problem, It sounds like the key fob is no longer synchronized to the car but before going down this route, ensure the batteries are correctly inserted. If there is a light on your remote fob (depending on remote model) ensure it lights.If the key fob still fails to work, something has gone wrong between the fob and the car, It may not be the key, it could be a fault with the control unit in the car but the key is the more common fault, having a spare will rule out control unit problems but as that cannot be done, your key fob will need to be re-programmed to the car using Suzuki diagnostic equptment to attempt to code the key back to the car. Do you have a recovery service? If so RAC, AA Etc.. can often do this for you on the side of the road, rather than needing to take the car to a dealer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you i used the recovery service it was a flat battery I appreciate your prompt replies and your help

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
No problem! I'm glad to hear it has been sorted for you.I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.