Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My xtrail when slowly accelerating suddenly has a loss of power

Customer Question

My xtrail when slowly accelerating suddenly has a loss of power at around 3000rpm, if you take your foot off and accelerate again the engine will drive through the 3000rmp mark. It has done this again but this time it will not accelerate properly and has no power
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Ross, thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a diagnostic and repair technician and I look forward to working with you.Do you know the history of when the fuel filter was last changed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No , but I have bought one and intend to change it asap

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Ok, this needs to be done as a first step as the fuel filter can often be forgotten about but will cause all sorts of running issues if it's blocked or has moisture in it.If this does not cure the problem, and there are no warning lights on it would point to the suction control valve on the fuel pump. This is a reasonably simple part to replace, from memory its one or two small bolts and it pulls out, the new one pushes in, plugs in and clamps with the bolts. This is one of the few components that will cause running issues like this but not bring on the engine management light (although sometimes it will). In fact the symptoms you have are exactly what I would expect to see.If the fuel filter doesn't cure the problem feel free to get back to me and I will be happy to assist further with the suction control valve. I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Ross

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
No problem and best of luck curing the fault, feel free to ask if you need further help. Thanks, Ross.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ross ,

Filter changed and system bled but no change so its the suction control valve next ,where do I find this is it under the rear seat behind the small inspection hatch behind the drivers seat.