Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have a 2014 kia carens, and have a witter towbar fitted.

I have a 2014 kia carens, and have a witter towbar fitted. The tow ball is 385mm off ground, which is middle of recommended height. When I hitch my swift challenger 480 with nose weight of 75 kg the car seems to be very low. Is there any way of fitting spring strengtheners?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Ross, thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a diagnostic and repair technician and I look forward to working with you.This model uses conventional rear coil springs, to get the best compromise between stiffness and comfort they opted for fairly soft springs on the rear which do tend to sag a bit too much with any weight on the tow ball. Using traditional spacers/stiffeners on these springs will be the best option, universal slide in spacers will fit on these springs which should keep it from sagging so much and provide a slightly firmer ride while towing.I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.