Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have a Honda CR-V auto 2002. It has done 130000 miles and has been faultless up to now,

I have a Honda CR-V auto 2002. It has done 130000 miles and has been faultless up to now, however I am having difficulty engaging drive, the lever feels to be very stiff to move and doesn't clicking the relevant position. Any thoughts?
Ve
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Ross, thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a Honda diagnostic and repair technician and I look forward to working with you.This is not a common problem on this model of CR-V However I have come across it a few times as they get older. The transmission shift lever is attached to the gearbox selector using a cable, the cable can fray internally which causes it to rub and catch against the outer sleeve of the cable which causes it to feel very tight and difficult to move through the range.Unfortunately the only way to cure this is to replace the cable, from memory i'm not sure how much it costs but it is a "dealer only part" as far as I am aware. With regards ***** ***** it, it takes about 2 hours as it is needs to be routed through the dash board, into the engine bay and to the gearbox. I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.