Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

How do you bleed the clutch on an 04 voyager manual diesel

How do you bleed the clutch on an 04 voyager manual diesel?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .

Best way to bleed this system is to fill the reservoir with brake fluid .

Pump the clutch 5 times and hold down ,
have your mate open the bleed nipple and let the fluid out ,then close back up the bleed nipple .
Pump the clutch pedal again 5 times and hold down ,open the bleed nipple ,do this until there is no more air in the bleed hose.
You should feel the pedal get harder to press as the air is let out the system.

Note :
Make sure you hold the pedal down while your mate is opening and closing the bleed nipple, otherwise you will suck back in air .

Tools needed .
Bleed nipple spanner No. 8mm or 10mm.
Clear bleed hose .
Jam jar to collect brake fluid .
Brake fluid to fill the reservoir.

Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi,there is no bleed nipple. Its a Chrysler voyager with sealed system.The slave cylinder has been replaced and seems to have air trapped somewhere.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .

Yes that is so true this model has a auto bleed system after fitting and filling with brake fluid all you have to do is pump the clutch and it will bleed itself .

When bleeding do short strokes not complete strokes .

We have come across this problem and had to remove the complete system master cylinder ,tube and slave cylinder and bench bleed the system then refit .

If you do have to bleed the system then first hold the slave cylinder higher than the master cylinder and do short pump strokes , then put the slave cylinder lower than the master cylinder and do the same short strokes .but forgot to say use a plastic tie strap and push the rod half way in on the slave cylinder when bleed the master cylinder will be hard to push in .

Then mount the clutch system and retry .

Kind regards Greg.