Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have a Barchetta, year 2004. I have a new replacement steering

I have a Barchetta, year 2004. I have a new replacement steering wheel which l am replacing old one. What do l do to disable the air bag before l remove the wheel.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.
To disable the air bag on this model, the negative terminal of the battery should be disconnected, tuck it away from the battery so it cannot accidently reconnect and wait for at least 10 mins for all the power to drain from the air bag control system.
When disconnecting the air bag be carefull not to touch the pins of the air bag connector, static electricity has been known to detonate them, keep the air bag face down out of the way of anything that can damage it.
I hope this answers your question. If you need further assistance don't hesitate to ask, otherwise please remeber to rate my answer. Thanks, Ross.