Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a citroen C4 Piccasso. When it rains, the drivers footwell

Customer Question

I have a citroen C4 Piccasso. When it rains, the drivers footwell floor gets soaked. The rest of the carpets are dry. No obvious indications where the water is penetrating. Their appears to be a wet patch underneath the vehicle where the rain has dripped through. It is definately water, not oil or petrol/other fluids.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** *****
When you say you have tried to identify where the water is coming in, how exactly have you done that?
Rgds, MIKE..........................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for responding to my query-the only one to do so. I took my car into the garage in desperation. They had no difficulty in identifying the problem which was blocked drain holes under the scuttle panel. Unblocking them took half an hour and I was only charged £49. Apparrently this can happen in Piccasso C4 cars from time to time so if you get another query of the same type as mine, you will be able to solve it quickly. Thank you for your trouble.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again - Thank you for your reply.Indeed yes - that is one of the common areas of water ingress I would have mentioned if still needed - the other, is the interior seals on the door - the bottoms of the door drains block also and then the water gets in past the door seals - so bear that in mind just in case for the future..All the very best - Thank you for your kind words too.-- Please do click on the OK ratings for me at this point as that is how justanswer credit me - Thank you again.Best Rgds,. MIKE.