Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have just acquired the following 1999 AN250X Burgman and

I have just acquired the following 1999 AN250X Burgman and I am trying to find the chassis or VIN no. I have found the vin no. that is riveted to the frame beneath the seat but as I live in Ireland (and the scooter is an import from the UK) the register people insist there should be a carved no. somewhere in the upper part. At the moment I have all of the fairing dismantled and I can't see it. Can you help.........help!! Les
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -My name is ***** ***** are correct, the VIN is always stamped into the frame - but sometimes in different places. Usually its to be found on the upper part of the frame behtween the handlebar area - up toward them.A tip is to run your fingers along the frame - inc the under / hidden sides -and you will feel when you come across a set of numbers- there should be 17 digits.. you should find it one way or the other as above. Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mike no sign of the vin no....Can I ask where you got the info.. 'cos the vin no'.s for the 125 and 200 models are not in the same locations. And as my 250 model was only in production for 4 or5 years they are not the same....over to you ....rgards Les

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Les - I got the info - out of my head .. ;) It has to be on the frame Les -- the only way it wouldn't be is if someone has ground it off - and you would see / feel that also if that were the case.. They can be extremely difficult to get at / see - especially with the fairings etc.. but that as I mentioned is where you need to be looking on that year.However I do need to correct something I said - its not a 17 digit... It will be one of the following : JS1AN121 JS1AN131 JS1AN111 Sorry I cant be sure which - the 1999 was a year change on these.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again Mike, for getting back so promptly.... I still haven't located it, but the quest goes on......top marks!! top ho!!....ps the digits in my case is JS1AN111 it could have been a bad year for 250's....Les

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok Les - well If I can be of any more help , let me know .. I'll always help if I can.Can I just ask you to please click on the "OK" ratings for me Les - as thats how Im credited for helping you... Thank you Les.. and again - you know where I am ;)Best Rgds, MIKE.