Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Is it possible (in any mode) to exceed the rev limit in the

Customer Question

Is it possible (in any mode) to exceed the rev limit in the Jaguar F-Type V6S or does the car always intervene to prevent exceeding the rev limit on hard acceleration and downshifts?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** happy to advise.
As you suggest - no its not possible... the "governor" will always cut the revs.
On some you can have them overridden - this is done with plug in electronic equipment by certain specialists around the country - it basically re writes the program in the computer.
To be honest though I wouldn't recommend it - it will invalidate any warranty on the car should any issues arise.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~>>>>>>~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..
Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -
- Best Rgds, MIKE.