Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Rover 75 Auto Petrol 2001 that has been sat unused

Customer Question

I have a Rover 75 Auto Petrol 2001 that has been sat unused for 4 months. I have re charged the battery and tried turning over the car with no success. On the gear display there is a code EP rather than P or D. I have put a couple of different diagnostic devices on but none of them recognise the vehicle. Is there a manual way of resetting the error code?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello 1st thing to do is check the condition of the ECU fuses as you can get the EP code when there's no communication between the tranmisson and the ECU fuse 34 is often the culprit if this is OK then its possible that the transmisson may need some attention and this firm are specialists
Normal
0
false
false
false
EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE
MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk./
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help