Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 58 plate seat ibiza - I returned from holiday and

I have a 58 plate seat ibiza - I returned from holiday and car was flat - charged battery and it started but brakes had seized on - put it in reverse and it was noisy but then ok. next day drove it and weird noise when driving from underneath. opened bonnet this morning and when i look down left hand sidr it looks like is there a plate that supports the engine because this looks as if it is very low, almost touching the ground - could a bolt have come loose and it dropped?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise -
It sounds like the engine under tray has dropped - Its fully this would happen just standing... maybe - someone has been trying to gain access to the engine bay while you were away - We have seen this happen before.. people trying to steal the car - or, in some cases, the car battery..
But it does sound like that - its just a hard ABS plastic panel - quite large that is fastened by small screws to the underside of the car... you should be able to re attach this easily though...
It doesn't support the engine by the way -its en engine shield against stones / dirt etc-
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..
Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -
- Best Rgds, MIKE.