Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Citroen berlingo Multispace 2008 petrol. anti-pollution light

citroen berlingo Multispace 2008 petrol.
anti-pollution light came on and didn't relight when restarted. loss of power though has persisted. just had full service but didn't fix loss of power issue. it is drivable but frustrating performance -needs more than usual revs to pull away.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello this may be an issue with the FAP system In the exhaust is a soot filter known to PSA as a FAP. It runs very hot to burn some of the soot off every few thousand miles. It uses an additive is called Eolys and is stored next to the diesel tank with a computer controlled dosing mechanism.+If you don't drive it long enough, fast enough; then the regeneration process won't commence and the filter will block. Take it for a 40 minute blast down a empty dual carriageway; As you need to maintain above 50mph for around six minutes - that will start the process. Alternatively; take it to your dealer or Citreon specialist for a forced regeneration. If it's done more than 50,000 they will probably just fit a new FAP and top up the additive. this will cost £6-800.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you mentioned deisel,mine is a petrol model. does this affect your diagnosis?

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hellothanks for the extra information that does effect things and in which case its likely to be a fault with one of the oxygen sensors in the exhaust or it could be a blocked cataylst as the next step I'd suggest trying a bottle of this http://www.cataclean.com/ if that doesn't help then I'd get a fault code read off to point to which sensor is at fault
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Matt , I'll give that a go. John

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello John Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.