Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Jaguar xk8 1997 abs light on traction contol light on speedometer

Customer Question

jaguar xk8 1997 abs light on traction contol light on speedometer not working i dont know whats at fault please help
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi .

Not as bad as it may look .

First with the speedometer not working this will inform the engine management system and trip on the check Engine light ,ABS and trac light .
This is all due to the speedometer failing .

Now all you have to do is have the Jag hooked up to a scan diagnostic tool and check for malfunction codes , you probley find you have a VSS (vehicle speed sensor.)

The management system needs this to control the ABS ,traction and transmission system if it does not see any signal from the VSS it will trip on the warning lights .

Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.