Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

2010 Audi s4.

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2010 Audi s4. I've had an error message pop up twice (about a month apart) which says something like "Gearbox malfunction. You can continue driving. Limited functionality." Car feels fine and the message goes after a few seconds. On both occasions, it was whilst going up a steep hill, but not fast. I've already agreed to part ex the car, and am waiting for the new car to arrive, so i don't want to incur big bills. Is it sill ok to use? Or do i risk the box blowing? Thanks a lot!

Just to add, it was serviced last month, including gearbox oil change.  The first error came before the service, but Audi didn't say anything when it had a health check (although I didn't ask them to check for this).

Category: Car