Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My 2015 Seat Leon 1.8FR suffers from transmission whine at

My 2015 Seat Leon 1.8FR suffers from transmission whine at low speeds in first, second and third gears. It is only apparent when the engine has reached normal operating temp. Is this a characteristic of the DSG transmission, or is it a fault?...
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. I think what you are describing is perfectly normal for the DSG transmission, they do tend to whine a bit in lower gears. The fact it gets noticeable only when warm is due to the oil temperature, as the oil warms up it becomes thinner which wont deaden the sound so much. It is caused by the use of an extra gear on each gear set, and the mesh angle of the gears inside the gearbox. It is a characteristic and nothing to worry about at all.I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.