Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Merc S320 cdi 2004. when wiper turned on airbag light comes

Customer Question

merc S320 cdi 2004. when wiper turned on airbag light comes on and wipers do not work. Is this a relay problem? Was intermittent but now seems permanent.

There have been times when leaving the wiper switch on that the wipers  would come on after 3-4 minutes driving in light rain. The airbag light would then be off.

Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure what other information I can give you. As yet I have not received any advice. I can confirm the following:
1.Turning ignition switch to point 2 switches on all consumers.
2. Turning wiper switch to 1 or 11 the warning light for front passenger airbag comes on. The wipers do not work. On the stick end the wiper does not work for a single sweep on pressing the end of the stick arm nor does the windscreen wash work.
3. With the engine running the same response as 2. above except in the past the wipers have come on intermittently in rain but not immediately. This does not happen now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you going to respond to my post of 29th August or are we to cancel the enquiry?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise for the delay. Shantal has been away for a few days.
I also apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It seems as though you are not able to help so as you suggest we may as well close the enquiry. I presume you will organise a credit for the charge you have made to my credit card account. Thank you.