Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Matt I'm John. I have a 1999 Peugeot 406 2 litre petrol

Hi Matt I'm John. I have a 1999 Peugeot 406 2 litre petrol it keeps cutting out even when cold, there is too much fuel going into the mix and a lot of it is unburned so there is a strong petrol smell, it's not the crank sensor or the lamba sensor and the inlet manifold is not damaged do you have any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi John. My name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.The crank sensor is highly unlikely to cause over fueling with these symptoms, and if the intake manifold is ruled outthe next step is to check or replacing the engine coolant temp sensor and/or intake air temp sensor, These are quite a common failure and will cause over fueling. They tend to fail and give a signal that makes the engine management think it is cold, this effectively keeps the engine on choke which is provided by enrichment of the fuel on an electronic injection engine. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions, if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a rating, thanks, Ross.