Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I tried to jump start my car but I connected the leads the

Customer Question

I tried to jump start my car but I connected the leads the wrong way is black to black then red to red not the other way I got a flash then I could not start the car I have a Kia sedona 2006
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is the answer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did not answer question at all what a rip off I could have told my self that and saved half a hour of my time and twenty quid

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this is a live chat where we can talk back and forth. I suspect this may have blown one of more fuses, there are main fuses that protect the ignition main circuits, these will usually protect the car from serious damage. Can you let me know the engine type fitted to your Sedona, I will take a look at the diagrams so you can check the relevant fuses.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Diesel 2.9

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I will attach a diagram of the fuse box, when the leads are connected the wrong way unfortunately it can cause serious damage to the various control units, it will effect every circuit in the car, luckily due to the design of most cars it will blow either multiple fuses or the main link fuse before serious damage occurs.Often it will blow multiple fuses so it will be a case of working through each fuse one by one checking it is not blown, I will highlight the ones that are likely to have been effected or any that will prevent starting, If one of these have blown the chances are it has done its job and protected the car.The fuse box is in the engine bay on the right hand side next to the battery, Ensure these fuses are all checked as per diagram, feel free to come back to me at any point if you need help, If there are no blown fuses, let me know and I Will continue my assistance, Ross.