Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have a Peugeot Boxer van 2015 version, with heated driver

I have a Peugeot Boxer van 2015 version, with heated driver and passenger seats. I want to have swivels fitted to the seats. Will the heating system still work?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.It is perfectly possible to fit swivel bases to the seats while retaining the heated seat function. The only thing that will need to be modified would be the wiring to the seat, this is attached via a multi connector so the wiring can be easily extended to allow the rotation of the seat. In most cases, professional installers will automatically retain all functions of the seat such as heater, built in air bags, and electric seat adjustment (where fitted) If the seats have built in air bags the wiring must NOT be cut and spliced, a proper extension loom should be used, however these are readily available and simple to fit. If you plan to let a conversion company fit the swivel bases, this should all be included in the price.If you need further help, please feel free to reply, If you happy with my answer, please don't forget to rate me! Regards. Ross