Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have a 300c 2007 crd when driving it i lose all power from

I have a 300c 2007 crd when driving it i lose all power from my throttle peddle down to about 30 mph, i have to stop turn my car off to let it reboot then restart but this could happen again or not can you help me please
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Did you have any warning lights on at the time of power loss? thanks, Ross
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ross,

The electronic throttle control light comes on, but when putting it on a machine it shows no fault.

Errol

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Ok. it may have been due to the fact it was a small hiccup rather than a permanent fault, this causes a temporary fault code that will go away again providing the fault does not re-occour.It sounds like there may have been an issue with the throttle position sensor, it will only take momentary loss of signal to cause power loss until the car is reset. Unfortunately however without the fault codes it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what caused the problem.Often it is a one off hiccup that clears it's self and will stay away, but the only way to know at this point is to continue using the car as normal to see if the fault returns, if it does then further diagnostics would be required and physical testing of the throttle control system would be needed if there are still no faults found.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this has been going on for weeks what should i do ?

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the fault is occurring regularly the car needs to be put onto a diagnostic system that records all of the engine sensors and then needs to be driven until the fault occurs. This will give a reading of exactly what is happening before, during and after the fault occurs. I suspect this may be the throttle position sensor, so this can also be tested during the live data test. This usually gives a fairly conclusive answer as to what is causing the problem, but at this point I wouldn't recommend replacing the throttle position sensor without a live data test. Although this is the most likely cause it is not confirmed and there are other possibilities such as wiring, ecu etc..Main dealer diagnostics will be able to do live data recording, most good garages can also do this so it is by no means a dealer only job, I understand people often avoid the main dealer due to the cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks for your help

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
No problem. If you need further assistance feel free to get back to me, I will be happy to help.If your happy with my help today, Please remember to rate my service, many thanks, Ross