Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a xj tdvi and the airbag light is on its giving me a

Customer Question

I have a xj tdvi and the airbag light is on its giving me a code of 19 what is causing the problem ???? Can anybody help please
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.Code 19 in the air bag system is for a fault with the clockspring - this is located behind the steering wheel -Sometimes its a wiring / connection fault to it - so that needs to be checked but to be honest, usually the clockspring needs renewing to cure this.Its a case of removing the steering wheel to do this job - I don't know if you have the tools or expertise to do this - but that is what is required if your code is correct.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

Is there a quick fix or temp fix just to get it through mot ???

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again..Im sorry there really isn't... You cant even remove the bulb , one because its an LED on a strip and two, because they check for actual operation of the light when the Ign is first switched on.--- The only thing you could try is a reboot of the systems.... this may work.. its worth a try...remove the battery cables again from the battery - then ( keys out of the car ) connect the bat lead terminals together - link with a wire - and leave like that for one hour..then undo them and reconnect to the battery -and re try it. This re boots the computers on the car from start..- Its worth a try... but if the light comes back, then the Ecu / computer for the system is def seeing a fault that is going to need fixing properly before the light will stay out...