Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

I just bought a 2010 308S second hand from a dealer. First

I just bought a 2010 308S second hand from a dealer. First time driving it the Antipollution Faulty message has come up and the Engine Autodiagnostics System light is staying on. Forums suggest this is a very common cover-all fault message; what do you advise? The dealer's warranty looks like it doesn't cover this but as I only just bought it, should they diagnose and repair it for me? They're closed today so I can't call them to ask. Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shantal, the last few times I drove the car the fault light and message didn't come on so I am hoping there was nothing really wrong with the car, or that it has improved by itself. I would be happy to close the question and would like to know if my payment will be refunded, as I did not get any help from JustAnswers?
Thanks, Andrew
Hello Andrew,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. Also thank you for providing more information. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialities differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
This is a immi9ssion issue and should still be under the warranty .
Check first with your Dealer ..
If this is not still under the warranty then you will need toi check out your local shop and see if they have the software to do a check on your management system to see what has malfunctioned .
You may just have to do a forced regeneration, or take it out on the motorway and hold at 70mph for ten minutes to clean out the system.
Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech