Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My Ford KA 2010 has done 15000 miles do I need my cam belt

My Ford KA 2010 has done 15000 miles do I need my cam belt renewed?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.The cam belt on this model should be replaced at 62500 miles or 5 years (which ever comes first) As yours is a 2010 model the belt would be due for replacement this year so your garage is correct in saying it should be done and although your are not close the mileage the rubber belt can deteriorate over time so it is important to have this replaced to prevent serious engine damage.The garage will usually advise the water pump is also changed, this is a good idea as it is driven by the cam belt, if it fails it can also cause belt failure and often a new tighter belt will cause the pump bearings to fail or go noisy, which means the belt needs to come off again, so if they don't mention the water pump I recommend you request this to be changed. The job takes around 3 hours and usually costs around £350 (a little more with water pump)
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really good reply would definitely recommend