Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

WE HAVE CODE CORDOBA 2004 00816 STEERING SENSOR WE

WE HAVE CODE FOR SEAT CORDOBA 2004 00816 STEERING SENSOR WE HAVE CHANGED THE STEERING PUMP AS THERE WAS CODES BEFORE 00566/01288 THEY ARE NOW CLEARED WITH THE FITTING OF PUMP BUT WE HAVE A NEW CODE 00816 CAN YOU HELP PLEASE
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is MIKE..
We know of issues that will cause this - usually by using different manufacturer parts -
It is for sure the code for the steering sensor issue again.
The following info is from SEAT tech on this issue which should be of help to you -
Code 00816
Possible Causes
Wiring/Connectors from/to Power Steering Sensor (G250) faulty
Power Steering Sensor (G250) faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Power Steering Sensor (G250)
Check Power Steering Sensor (G250)
Additional Notes
There are at least two different manufacturers of these steering racks and they use a number of incompatible components. If steering rack or related components have been replaced, ensure that the replacement components are from the same manufacturer as the original one and are truly compatible; verify compatibility in parts catalogs; just because a component appears to fit does not mean it's compatible.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE