Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My fiat F100 1992 has a problem with 3rd and 4th gear .it wont

my fiat F100 1992 has a problem with 3rd and 4th gear .it wont go into either gears it seems to be stuck solid between gears .all other gears are working ok.this happened when I stopped the tractor after driving on road .I had started off in 2nd gear and went through the gears into 5th no problem.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.If you have disconnected the selector rods and they now move free and ok - and as you say the shaft that goes through into the gearbox operates the selector train / changes the gears... and evidently the fault lies there.It sounds like a cracked / fractured cog / ring / gear which will stop it solid - stop it selecting..or a broken selector inside... either way, its a strip down of the transmission Im afraid..
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I asked u further questions but dident get any reply

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I asked u some questions regarding how to get at the gearbox on Fiat f100

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again -Thank you for your reply.. Im sorry , I was busy with another.Strictly this is a whole new question -you would need to re list for help on that. But in general, you would need to remove all the panelling - over the engine / gearbox etc - then its a case of splitting the tractor unit in half as you work to remove the gearbox.. This has to be done to allow the gearbox to come away from the engine... you see the idea.If its not the sort of work you are used to doing - I woudl strongly recommend you get help with this from someone who has done this before... its very heavy work and you do need a good set of tools and working knowledge to do it to be honest with you.