Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hiya, my Mini Sidewalk One is a convertible. One side of the

Hiya, my Mini Sidewalk One is a convertible. One side of the roof top won't mechanically move to open the complete sunroof when pressing the open button. ;(
I know you can't see it, but is this a common problem? And would I have to have a complete new system or just find the right person to take it apart and look at the mechanics?
If it's going to cost a lot of money, I' m in trouble.... ;(
THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE!
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
The "usual" fault with these is that one of the catches sticks and wont release the roof - as you say, I cant see it - but thats usual in the case where it wont open.
If it is releasing on the catches - but not going all the way back - you need to check the actual hinge mechanisms for any trapped debris / litter etc - ( is common )..or any damage to / bends in the mech...
If thats all ok - then you need to check the workings in the boot area - ensure the shelf etc is moving out the way fully otherwise it will jam it..
It is a but of a specialist issue - most average garages wont touch them... you may need dealer help - but check all the suggestions as above first... I hope that helps you ..
Usually you wont need a whole new thing - its usually just one thing / one part causes these issues....
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE