Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I stalled my transit mini bus at 20 mile per hour no diagnostic

Customer Question

I stalled my transit mini bus at 20 mile per hour no diagnostic on machine fuel coming through to injectors from pump pump has been checked and auto electrician spent 1 and a half hours no fault found please can you advise
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..My name is ***** ***** say what Transit you have exactly but all the engines are driven by either a timing belt or chain... Given your description of what happened , you could have a broken timing belt / chain... that certainly needs checking anyway at this stage.If its proven not to be that - then you have a suspect fuel pump failure - I know you say you have had the pump checked... but you dont say how... it has to be tested properly. Fuel may be coming through - but it has to be at the right / specified pressure ----Assuming you have / your auto elec has ruled all else out -such as wiring issues , electronics etc , it comes down to one or the other as above... Really if it comes to the chain / belt is ok, you will need proper diesel test equipment on the fuel pump to test that - a local Diesel specialist will have the equipment for sure to test that for you and go from there.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pump tested at electro diesel in stockton and timing chain brand new Also mechanic took front cover of engin nothing wrong with timing chain tentinors and timing marks correct can you advice anything else that could be the problem the minibus is 61 reg 2.4 rear wheel drive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please could you have a look at my further reply
Cheers