Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

On dashboard it comes up with gearbox fault. taken to garage

Customer Question

on dashboard it comes up with gearbox fault. taken to garage and told its if the box does not know weather to go up or come down a gear any ideas and to what cost could I be looking at
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
The transmission shop will have to check what transmission malfunction codes it has as a input/output speed sensor would cause a problem like this.
But to be 100% and not replace any good parts a scan test will have to be done to see which malfunction codes you have .
The codes will confirm what has malfunctioned so the right part or parts are replaced .
Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.