Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 2005 BMW Z4 which has only done 24 000 miles .i have

Customer Question

I have a 2005 BMW Z4 which has only done 24 000 miles .i have only recently bought this car ,so the mileage was very low every year,
I have had the car serviced but since then the engine warning light has been on and it indicated a problem with the Cat. I have tried using Catclean solution but the light is still on do I have to have the light re set or if the problem is fixed should the light go out automatically
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi .
Depending on the code its hard to say what your problem is with the cat's .
But let me say this system of using Catclean does not work but can cause more problems than just clean them.
If the problem was a fix the light will go out, as long as the light is on there is a problem with in the system.
Depending on the code you may find that the sensor could be the problem and not the cat , a lot of people replace cats just because one of the O2 sensors had failed and did a miss diagnostics.
If you can get me the codes i will assist you in diagnosing this possible cat issue .
Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.