Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Skoda fabia 03 reg Can you please tell me about the petrol

Customer Question

skoda fabia 03 reg
Can you please tell me about the petrol consumption, the one I have just bought does 250 miles for £40 of petrol but only if I stay at 60mph, at 70mph she guzzles petrol at £25 for 80 miles. I am used to a diesel 97 VW GT TDI and am finding the petrol in this smaller car twice as expensive
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,Hi Patricia .To get a good idea what your mileage you first need to fill the tank with petrol and reset the trip odometer to zero and drive, when the tank gets to 3/4 full refill and mark how many gallons /litters you filled with.Then with the mileage and gallons use this calculator to check your MPG ..http://www.mpg-calculator.co.uk/Then from this link you can check what your MPG should be and use this information at the dealer where you bought the car . http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/skoda/fabia/hatchback-2000/running-costs/ Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed. If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you.. Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way, Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund. If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button . Kind regards Greg.
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Patricia. Just checking in to see if you managed to recheck your MPG . Rgds Greg