Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

2005 GTV 916 JTS 2,0L engine making whistling noise seems to

2005 GTV 916 JTS 2,0L engine making whistling noise seems to come from timing belt/balance shaft area but full cambelt etc replacement 18 months ago. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Too make sure its coming from the timing belt remove all the assessor belts and start the engine if still whining you will need to remove the timing cover and inspect the tensioners .

Also the balance shaft tensioners are know to cause a noise like this you will have to remove the belt and check if there is play in the tensioners .

Check on the repair bill when the belt was done was all the parts like the tensioner rollers replaced .

Typical belt whine comes from being fitted to tight .

Rgds Greg

Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Greg - your comments really helpful

Wendy W

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Wendy .

Please don't forget to rate my answer so i can get credited .

Kindest regards Greg