Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I mistakenly put 10 litres of petrol in my mecerdes c320 diesel

Customer Question

I mistakenly put 10 litres of petrol in my mecerdes c320 diesel car and drove it for 10 mins, please what can I do
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..

Provided the engine is still running and you have taken it to your mechanic..the safest and more adviseable method id say would be to get the tank drained out 10litres of petrol in diesel tank is too much to risk continuing to drive and keep added diesel - i know its alot of fuel to loose but to safeguard from future or risk now expense due to wear damage on engine diesel injection system caused by running petrol through it - the best approach is to get the tank drained..the fuel lines blown out and the fuel filter replaced..then refill the tank up with fresh diesel/bleed the diesel system/filter and that should hopefully sort you out...because its alot of fuel involved you will need a garage to carry this out and dispose of the waste fuel correctly..I do hope this helps