Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 5.9 while driving, after warm up, it start

Customer Question

Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 5.9 while driving, after warm up, it start to sound like the fan kick in high gear every time I step on the gas, and sound like it stuck there like the motor is going to over heat. coolant is good. temp gauge never reach the half mark.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
If you have this happening and the engine is not overheating like you said
then you have a malfunctioning fan clutch , this sound very likely going from your question .
Will not be the Electric fan as this is for the A/C system ..
Replace the Fan clutch for a OE unit as some aftermarkets will still cause you this same problem .
Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.