Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician

My heater fan just works on full power on my citreon dispatch

Customer Question

my heater fan just works on full power on my citreon dispatch can you help please
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Sorry for the delay getting to your question! This is a very common problem that is caused by the blower fan resistor, there are two types of resistor, traditional resistor or transistor type, if it has a traditional resistor it is located behind the glove box, it fits into the ducting where the air flow also cools the resistor, from memory it has a 5 pin connector, these have a tendency to burn out leaving only the direct 12v feed to the blower which is used for full speed. The resistors are relatively cheap and easy to replace,If it has the transistor type, it is fitted to the bottom of the blower motor, I suspect as it is a later model it will have the transistor type, this is a little more expensive but is still replaced separately to the blower, the blower motor on the passenger side needs to be dropped out complete (3 screws) and the resistor can be removed and replaced. Only basic DIY Repair skills are needed to replace these parts. I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.