Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

There is a oil reservoir on the right hand side of the engine,

Customer Question

there is a oil reservoir on the right hand side of the engine, which has a short dipstick fitted to the screw on cap this appears to hold a clear type of oil, can you tell me the type of oil needed to fill this up and also tell me what it is for, aswe can find nothing in the handbook telling us about this
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi .
This sounds like your Power Steering reservoir,
Here you nee MB power steering fluid which you can get at the Dealership
which i recommend as a lot of aftermarket fluids will make the steering squeak.
To be sure check this link of the photo of the power steering location .
This link will show you how to check this .
http://www.mediafire.com/view/jngnoj99a2t584r/mbc180.jpg
Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.