Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Honda Jazz 2007 reg. Made in China Had to replace steering

Honda Jazz 2007 reg. Made in China Had to replace steering rack because faulty. Honda gave me a special price. Factory had obviously had previous history.
Now told by Honda agent that 2 arm bushes need replacing.
Car only done 20000 miles. Is this connected
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a Honda diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.It is highly unlikely that the lower arm bushes would be worn as a result of a steering rack problem, I suspect this is general wear and tear which has caused the bushes to fail. The bushes on the front arms tend to either crack or separate from the bush housing. Unfortunately because these are made of rubber, even being very low miles for the age is somewhat irrelevant as over time the rubber will crack and separate. This is quite a common problem with the jazz of this age and is also common on lower mileage vehicles as It seems where age deteriorates the bushes, with little use it causes the hardened rubber to crack easily, vehicles with higher miles often seems to last longer as the continuous movement will keep the rubber softer so this probably is a bit of a catch 22 situation but with rubber a combination of age and/or usage will both cause wear and tear. 10-15 years is the average life expectancy. I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.