Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My mechanic wants to do a compression test on my fiat doblo

my mechanic wants to do a compression test on my fiat doblo 1368cc.
we can't get hold of the adaptor to fit the test gauge or the specification of
the thread size. Fiat main dealer won't disclose this to us.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
The adaptor you will need is one that will fit the small type plugs - as opposed to the standard ones.
The BEST way to describe this / help is - take one of the spark plugs out - and match that to the tester.
Note - not ALL testers can you get adaptors for - it depends what he has... but ANY good motor factors ( which he will use - normally anyway ) will be able to supply what he needs..usually from stock.
Basically though the specs are for the thread - 14 mm - and a 19mm length.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE