Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My citreon xsara picasso o6 reg was driving round a bend when

My citreon xsara picasso o6 reg was driving round a bend when steering locked then engine cut out When steering locked dash board brae failure light came on any ides please
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
The usual cause of this is a fault with the belt driven system ( or belt itself ) on the alternator drive.
So check the belt carefully first... obviously replace if needed.
If the belt is fine, the drive pulleys need to be checked - inc the main bottom engine pulley on the engine.. check them all.
You may have to remove the belt to check the pulleys but if the engine will now run, first run it and visually check each to see if its / they are running true or off line.. sometimes you can see that way.
If not - you will need to remove the belt to check each pulley manually for excess play / seizure.
Note the alternator too - some of these models have a clutch system on the alternator pulley that plays up and will cause this.
If all is ok, have the charge system checked. If the charge system is faulty it will cause this also.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE