Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2009 Saab convertible , automatic tdi1-9, can you

I have a 2009 Saab convertible , automatic tdi1-9, can you tell me what engine it has? I know they used Fiat and vauxhall engines in different models. Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there..
The SAAB 9-3 of that year would of been based on the Vauxhall Vectra C platform - The 1.9TID is actually the same engine as used in the Vectra C 1.9cdti engine which is essentially from FIAT's JTD engine range....there two 1.9cdti's one 8 Valve and a*****to know without removing the top cover is to look at the position of the yellow oil filler cap looking at the engine from the front..if the oil cap is at the left hand side you have the 8 valve 1.9 diesel - if the oil cap is at the right hand side you have the 1.9 diesel 16 valve...I do hope this helps..if you need ask anything further then please do before you rate