Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2001 Accent 1.3 Gsi My front brakes keep seizing fast to the

2001 Accent 1.3 Gsi
My front brakes keep seizing fast to the discs. New pads fitted recently system bled with a great deal of trouble (2.5Ltrs of brake fluid used!) to remove air. Brakes release once it has cooled down. Any ideas???
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
I'd strip the calipers down again and check that the pads are in square and true with no debris in the mounting slots, also inspect the caliper mounting faces for any dents, burrs, or debris which would cause them to be bolted up out of true, also remove the disc and do the same for its mounting face on the upright and inside the disc.If you still have an issue then it could be a flexible brake line has partially collapsed and is producing a one way valve, this can't always be seen from the outside but you can test to see if there's any residual pressure in that caliper by cracking off the bleed nipple after stamping on the brake a few timesAnother possibliity is that one caliper is sticking slightly so the piston isn't retracting on its sealsin which case that caliper will need rebuilding with new seals or replacingOne other thing to try is to remove the master cylinder again and have your assistant push down on the brake pedal to expose the pushrod as it exits the servoon the end of the pushrod there should be a little adjustment nuttry screwing this in a turn or two and put it all back togetherthis adjustment takes out free play at the pedal so its better to have a little bit of play rather than too tight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt,Thank you for the advice. I have, to date, replaced one calliper and stripped, copper greased, and reassembled both callipers with new pads(backs greased) as well bled the entire system. I have also adjusted the servo pushrod.
Your idea regarding a kinked flex brake line is worth a look, I'll do so this morning; however, I'm almost entirely convinced it may be the ABS module & pump unit as when the brakes have locked-on the footbrake is rigid. The callipers have locked both together and individually! Do you think this is symptomatic of a knackered ABS module???
Incidentally this problem first appeared whilst returning from the MOT centre (passed!) after a rigorous brake test.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello thanks for the extra informationyes I'd say that you may be right as a faulty / stuck ABS pump can also produce this isssue on some units there's a bleed nipple on the ABS pump so try bleeding from there if you have one
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.