Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

IF IT SAYS ON A NITROGEN GAS CYLINDER OFN WHAT DOES

Customer Question

HELLO IF IT SAYS ON A NITROGEN GAS CYLINDER OFN WHAT DOES THAT MEAN IS IT FREE OF OXYGEN AS IT SAYS PURITY LEVEL 99.995 SOME TYPES OF NITROGEN GAS HAVE A DIFFERENT PURITY LEVEL AT 99.998 AND 99.999 PURITY LEVEL DOES THAT MEAN NITROGEN WITH A PURITY LEVEL OF 99.995 IS NOT PURE AND NOT FREE OF OXYGEN
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IF IT SAYS ON A LABEL OFN ON A CYLINDER OF NITROGEN AND A PURITY LEVEL OF 99.995 IS IT STILL PURE AND FREE OF ANY OXYGEN AS ON SOME CYLINDERS IT SAYS PURITY LEVEL 99.998 AND 99.999
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello it is almost impossibnle to get any gas absolutely pure as small traces will always creep inbut other wise you are right 99,999 is more 'pure' than 99.995but we are talking about 10 to 50 parts per million here so absolutely tiny amounts of oxygen it does come down to what you want the gas for
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i want the nitrogen for purging and air conditioning systems also home brewing would 99.995 be pure enough for that purpose I can than rate your service
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please let me know
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello 99.995 will be more than adequate for all of those purposesas bacteria needs an oxygen environment of at least 500 parts per million to breed and 99.995 is only 10% of that
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.