Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 1967 Buick Skylark. With a 340 cu in engine it runs

Customer Question

I have a 1967 Buick Skylark. With a 340 cu in engine it runs fine for about 10 miles then the motor vaulters then dies but if I leave it for 15 minutes or so it fires up and runs OK , I have fitted a new Carter 4 barrel carb , new alternator, new Pont's, coil,spark plugs. It feels like a fuel starvation problem, but theres plenty of fuel in the sight glass on the filter. I am at a comp!ete loss as what to do next.
Yours truly. Alec McCance
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Hello Alec,
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have solved the problem myself therefore I don't need to consult a professional on this anymore. This case can now be closed. If you could please refund my £20.

Regards.