Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Mazda 6 ts2 estate reg. VO06 HHD. We bought it

I have a Mazda 6 ts2 estate reg. VO06 HHD. We bought it when it was 3 years old and during the first year we had problems with the dpf constantly going into safe mode, took it to our local Mazda dealer who said we needed 3 new injectors giving us a final bill of just over £2000! The problems continued with the dpf and have since spent up to £5000 on garage bills. The last garage, after weeks of trying different things and at great cost, said it went back to a tiny sensor (the mother sensor as the mechanic called it!). Since then we have had only one problem with the dpf light coming on and several oil changes but have had an oil leak that has progressively got worse. Took it to a garage who replaced a broken seal behind the cam belt, put another new cam belt on and after test driving it, discovered another leak at the back of the engine which they said would be the head gasket. I have seen no evidence of white, blue or any other colour smoke on starting or any other time, nor have I seen any other symptoms to indicate this, so decided not to go ahead with a repair as the cost was in total for all works £1,300! The car drives well but since coming back from the garage, does have a burning smell.
My question is - do you think we have a case with Mazda for their diagnosis of faulty injectors? Do you think the head gasket could have a crack in it? Is it safe to drive short distances i.e. 30 miles? Could I use a steel seal product and do it myself or should I just get rid of the bloody thing and get a push bike?
Please help?
Many thanks from a poor lonely lady who knows bugger all about cars 😕
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if the car is leaking oil from the head joint then I'm afraid the steel seal products that go into the water system won't do any good. you can have a leaking head gasket that's just leaking oil and still holding water pressure , which is why you won't be seeing any smoke as its just an external leakif its only a small oil leak and not gushing out I'd keep an eye on the oil level and live with it as providing the oil level doesn't drop too low then the engine will be fine and the DPF light will come on if the car isn't being used hard at regular intervals so try taking the car for a long drive where you can keep the engine rpm up over 2000 rpm for around 30 mins this will get plenty of heat into the system and get the system into re-gen mode if that doesn't help then consider http://www.dpfcleaning.co.uk/ or even removing it completely as you'll still pass MOT's fine without it, the key thing is to have the ECU re-programmed so its no longer looking for it http://www.dpfremoval.co.uk/ or http://www.removemydpf.co.uk/ On cars where the DPF is removed then typically you get more power and more mpg as it restricts the exhaust even when new
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years