Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a discovery 4 2011, I had the door cards replaced and

I have a discovery 4 2011, I had the door cards replaced and now my central locking is not working. What could the problem be. Thank you Archir
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi Archir

You have to reprogram the new modules that you have just fitted .

Have to be remarried up to the management system ..

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Greg, I went to my local Landrover dealer and asked about reprogramming. Guess what since they are second hand, they have said you cannot reprogrammed them as they are chassis specific. Is this correct or them not wanting to carry out the reprogramme as I didn't purchase from them?.
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Archie .

If the part number is ***** correct it can't be reprogrammed ,used units can be programmed but the programming number must be one of the numbers so if the part number on the unit is not on the programming list then no will nor work ..
This is probably what they mean ..

Rgds Greg..
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Archie just been reconfirmed by a friend and owner at LR and he said they all can be programmed no problem . Rgds Greg