Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have just filled my 1996 toyota Previa with petrol and petrol

I have just filled my 1996 toyota Previa with petrol and petrol is leaking a lot from under the car ,have I over filled the tank and it is coming out of the over flow pipe.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
There is no overflow pipe - there will be a small EVAP vent,breather tube thats part of the filler neck tube aswell as the main filler tube that leads to the tank itself..that id say would be your first port of call as far as checks goes..i recall these filler pipes being metal so checks would need to be made as far as corrosion/holes goes on that allowing fuel to leak out during filling up..the filler pipe can be replaced on its own...its basically going to have to be careful inpsection of the entire fuel system at the back including as i highlighted above the tank itself aswell as the feed and return fuel lines that come from the tank to be certain of what require to be replaced.....I do hope this helps