Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have an 04 plate rx8 94000 miles. It was sat couple

I have an 04 plate rx8 94000 miles. It was sat for a couple of weeks. Now it won't start. It sounds and is acting like its flooded but the normal deflooding routeen isn't working. We've checked the battery and the starter motor is a newish replacement. Any further advice to try or does anyone know a specialist up in Kinloss Forres area?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello the ignition coils on these cars are very prone to failure and as there are 2 per chamber , often you can lose 1 and not notice until the 2nd 1 goes too I'd suggest unbolting the coils from the top of the engine and check for any whitish discoloration underneathif you find this then replace the coil and if both coils are damaged then it would also be wise to do a compression test to ensure the engine hasn't been damagedas this too can be a reason for poor starting