Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Have just changed the fuel filter on my 2.0D 2008, Now the

have just changed the fuel filter on my 2.0D 2008, Now the car will not start it feels like fuel starvation. Is the system self prime or do I have to bleed it?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
it will eventually self prime but you'll really help things along if you crack off the injector pipes and then have your assistant crank the engine on the starter also did you pre-fill the filter with fuel? if not take it off and do that too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I crack the injector pipe will that let more air in? also there is a small valve just before the pump that mounted on the main feed pipe is this bleed the air from the system?

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello you crack off the pipes at the injector just enough to get a leak ( about a 1/4 turn) and do so whilst cranking the engine