Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I've top up my radiator expansion tank on my Audi Q7 with

Customer Question

Hi I've top up my radiator expansion tank on my Audi Q7 with antifreeze by accident n now my car is get hot an steerin is getting stiff wen turning wot shud I do ???
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello If you're sure that you topped up the radiator expansion tank and not some other fluid reservoir then adding anti-freeze is absolutely fineif the steering is gettign heavy I'd suspect that you may have added coolant to the power steering reservoir? in which case drain it all off and refresh the fluid with new, thsi may need a couple of drain and fills to get rid of all the coolant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes my steering is get in heavy thanks for the advice and help
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello OK if you've added coolant to the steering reservoir then it will need draining off and flushing through with fresh as described as the next step
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.